The Church of the Holy Spirit – Tallinn’s smallest medieval church – was bulit in 14th Century. Its most noteworthy exterior ornament is a finely carved wood clock – the work of Christian Ackermann – which dates back to the late 17th Century making it the oldest public clock in Tallinn. In terms of its interior decoration, the 15th Century main altar by Bernt Notke is especially remarkable and noteworthy. In medieval times, the church served as the main place of worship for commoners and so it should come as no surprise that the first extracts of the catechism to be published in Estonian were printed here in 1535. Chronicler Balthasar Russow (1536-1600) , who wrote the Livonian Chronicle, was a pastor of the church. It’s the only church in Estonia whose illustrated Pauper’s Bible – Biblia pauperum – has survived.
Our postcards are handmade from 100% recycled paper and printed with our letterpress on both sides.